A friend has kindly lent me his FT-817 and I decided to have a quick play late on Sunday afternoon. 5W, a random wire and a manual tuner works well. Seems to be a lot more sensitive on receive than the Barrett 950. Might just be the lack of bulk QRM from the home dipole that makes the difference.
IPS Solar Data
- Follow Merton Glass (VK6FMTG) on WordPress.com
Blogs I Follow
- DD5LP / G8GLM / VK2JI blog
- VK2QR Adventures in Ham Radio
- VK6NU Amateur Radio
- VK7IS's Blog
- VK1FAAS SOTA Adventures
- VK5LA - Andy's Amateur Radio Adventures...
- VK3ARR's SOTA Blog
- VK2IB Amateur Radio
- Get out of the Radio Shack and Live Life